FAQ & Information
6. Are there decor restrictions?
All decorations must be removed without causing damage to the venue.
• Foil confetti, paper confetti, sprinkles, sequins, glitter, birdseed, rice, hay, fog machine, bubble machine.
• The use of nails, tacks, tape, command strips, glue or staples to affix items to walls or columns • Silk petals outdoors
7. Do you require a wedding coordinator?
While we do not require you to hire a professional wedding coordinator, it is HIGHLY recommended for a smooth event! At the minimum, we require a day-of contact who is responsible for coordination and decision making during the entire event.
To appropriately manage all the facets of a wedding, the coordinator may not be someone in the wedding party. Duties would include: overseeing setup of your personal items/decor, vendor management, maintaining your timeline for the event, ceremony coordination, guest management and overseeing cleanup. This individual must stay until the conclusion of the event to make sure everything is properly cleaned up per the contract and check out with the Event Manager before leaving the property.
8. Where will the dancing space, DJ, cake, etc. go?
Our space is extremely flexible and we will gladly work together to customize a layout, but there’s a few tried and true setups we’ve found work well for weddings of all sizes. Learn more through your custom venue website once booking.
9. What is your max capacity inside the Barn? 350 Guests.
10. Do you have different options for Ceremony Locations? We have two outdoor locations; Front Lawn & Back Valley. If you want to think outside of the box for a different outdoor location we encourage it! There is also the option to host your ceremony indoors- upstairs loft or downstairs. see photos under packages.
11. What makes the McGranahan property historic? The McGranahan's property was placed on the National Registry of Historic Places in 2012. We qualified for this registration due to our property being a crossing of the Chisholm Trail. The Land also has 17 noted buffalo wallows and has been family owned since 1895! James and Sarah McGranahan own the house on the hill and the McGranahan Barn is a rebuild of their original Barn.
12. Where are you located? At the intersection of Piedmont Road and N.W Expressway.
• Only low tack tape, such as Gaff tape, may be used to tape down cords to the floor • Nothing may be suspended from light fixtures, fans or air ducts unless discussed before the event date and approved.
• No rearrangement of venue furniture.
• Venue plants and rental equipment should only be moved by Staff.
• Do not drag any item across the floors, as the finish of our wood floor will show scrapes and scratches
-No Entry into The McGranahan's original home.
-No parking or driving on surrounding grass areas or concrete.
What is a typical wedding timeline?